Our Favourite Nail Varnish Picks for Winter


Hey everyone,
today we wanted to share with your our favourite nail varnishes for the wintery season! We've been loving these for months now, and decided it was about time we share them with you!
LILY:
1) Gelly Hi-Shine in Chai- This is one of those nail varnish shades that once you've worn once, you can't stop using! I've been absolutely obsessed with wearing it, especially as it goes with the majority of my outfits, as it isn't too bold or brightly coloured, and so doesn't clash with whatever colours I'm wearing. As you can see from the picture (on the right side), I sometimes like to do a glitter accent nail to make it more exciting, but in all honesty, it looks just as good on its own! As this is a Gelly Hi-Shine Barry M, it looks very shellac-esque, which is always a bonus considering these are only £3.99 each!
2) Gelly Hi-Shine in Mustard- Mustard shades have been really in for A/W 2014, and I can definitely see why! The reason I love it, is that it isn't too bright, so I don't feel like I'm trying to wear very summery nail varnish in the winter months, yet it means that I'm not constantly wearing dark nail varnishes like black, which I also seem to be sporting a lot this season! It is Gelly Hi-Shine like my other favourite, so comes with all of the benefits I talked about, yet its still so cheap.

ELENA:
1) Essie in Skirting the issue - Essie is known for being a topnotch nail varnish brand and I'd say it 100% deserves the title! I received this one as a Christmas gift last year and as a timeless classic it is out again, deep red shades are definitely a favourite of mine they are something you can't go wrong with. I believe the essie brand although more expensive than others on the market retailing at £7.99 are well worth it, they manage days without chipping and the large bootle supplies your moneys worth.
2) Essie in Perfect parka - Judging by Lils first pick, grey is the must have nail varnish of this years winter and since being in sixth form I haven't had it off! It is the perfect simple tone to match hand in hand with my monochrome winter wardrobe. Two coats create a gorgeous patent leather shine, it has tiny specs of silver spread through it with adds to the overall shine. Once again its an essie product - surprise surprise, so theres no doubting its amazing quality.



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11910481/?claim=8xc4svmz8vc">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

22 comments:

  1. lovely post! love the colours you have picked out..

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might sound a bit weird but I must confess... I have never tried an Essie nail varnish!
    Maybe I may try one soon! :)

    xx

    Chelo
    flyinginvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try them, you won't regret it! xx

      Delete
  3. The Barry M mustard shade is amazingg! I've never had a polish a shade like that before but I love it, may have to pick it up for myself!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mustard shade is definitely an interesting colour! You should definitely try it out xx

      Delete
  4. they all look really great!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful nail colours!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, we'll go follow you back! Thanks for the follow xx

      Delete
  6. Your blog is soo great and interesting! The grey polish is my fave!!

    I would be really happy if we follow each other!!
    Just let me know in a comment and I follow right back :D

    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! We'll go follow you now so we can keep in touch xx

      Delete
  7. Of course, we will head over to your blog right away xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog!! <3 Followed you back on bloglovin too! Join my blog :D
    ••• vrgov.blogspot.com •••
    instagram: @vrgov

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the follow! Will be sure to check out your blog xxxx

      Delete
  9. I have the 2 barry m nail polishes too, their great. Followed you back also!


    Kate xo

    www.becomingkate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love barry m! and thank you so much xx

      Delete
  10. Great colors!
    It doesn't say you followed us for some reason? And we can't find your blog. :(

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And hmm, maybe it didn't go through we'll head back over and try again!xxxx

      Delete
  11. I just found your site and I absolutely love it! I was trying to follow you on Twitter but the link doesn't go through, what's your username?

    P.S. I followed you on bloglovin, follow back if you get a chance?

    www.beautyandcolour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and sorry we don't actually have a twitter account :( but thanks for the bloglovin follow will follow you back now!xxxx

      Delete